CMAA Honors New Fellows, Distinguished Service for 2016
Submitted by mclarke on Mon, 2016-10-17 07:29
San Diego, CA - October 14, 2017 - CMAA inducted four new members into its College of Fellows and recognized the outstanding achievements and service of 13 other members at its recent National Conference & Trade Show in San Diego, California.
The Fellows designation, which recognizes the contributions of the industry's biggest influencers, is CMAA's highest honour.
This year's newest additions are:
Gary Brasser, PE, a pioneer of CM, is one of CMAA's first members. Brasser was instrumental in securing financial support for CMAA during its first decade. Now an accomplished CM, Brasser uses his influence to guide young professionals towards the CM profession. As a member, Brasser was involved with various chapter and national level committees. He also served as a two-term board member, and cofounded CMAA's St. Louis chapter.
Ron Pennella, CCM, has been a national director, a chapter officer, and a frequent National Conference speaker throughout his 30 years as a member. He was a key contributor to CMAA's Standards of Practice and Body of Knowledge. He developed scholarship and owner recognition programs that were widely adopted by CMAA chapters. His biggest impact is as a teacher and mentor to young CM professionals at NYU's Tandon School of Engineering.
Milo Riverso, PhD, PE, CCM, a past CMAA chair, played a major role in securing CMAA's ABET membership. Under his leadership, the CM practice at STV, Inc. more than tripled. Riverso is a dedicated educator and mentor. He taught at Purdue University and Manhattan College. He also launched a mentor program at Manhattan College and currently leads ASCE's mentor program in New York.
Jim Ruddell, PE, CCM, is a past CMCI Board of Governors chair, a long-time chapter leader, and a frequent conference speaker. Ruddell managed Washington, D.C.'s $2.4 billion Woodrow Wilson Bridge project, winning him CMAA's 2006 Person of the Year Award.
In addition to the new Fellows, CMAA presented the following individual awards:
- Visionary Infrastructure Funding - Councilman Mark Key, City of San Diego
- Award for Innovation - Chuck Gardner, Hallmark Group
- Distinguished Service - Tony Sanger, BSc, CSI, CDT, AECOM
- Distinguished Owner - Mark Simon, PE, CCM, Dallas Water Utilities
- Sustainability Award - Deeta Bernstein, LEED AP BD + C, Cotter Consulting, Inc.
- Mehdi Heydari Culture of Certification Award - Chris Takashige, PE, CCM
- Government Advocacy Award - Coy Veach, PE, CCM, Freese and Nichols
- Owner Education Award - Richard Panos, CCM, Totum Consulting
- Distinguished Young Professional Award - Dusan Selezan, CMIT, Balfour Beatty
- Educator of the Year Award - Anthony Brizendine, UNC Charlotte
- Global Leadership Award - Jacqueline Hinman, CH2M
CMAA is dedicated to advancing professional construction and program management worldwide. Its membership is made up of over 15,000 public and private organizations, owners and individual practitioners. CMAA provides professional development, CCM certification, advocacy, and business opportunities to its members and the entire CM industry. CMAA's headquarters is located in McLean, VA, USA.