Conference Presentation Proposals
2017 CMAA Capital Projects Symposium: Education Session Speaker RFP
Leadership, Innovation, Technology & New Techniques in Construction Management Practices will be the focus of this high level conference dedicated to building the skills needed to innovate, execute, and communicate across all disciplines. A key feature of this conference will be to highlight effective leadership skills in areas like: team building, strategic planning, and decision making. It will provide valuable insights into how successful projects are organized to work in a “real world” construction management environment.
In addition to knowing the appropriate technical skills to manage projects, a conference goal is to help CMs advance as leaders and assume greater responsibility in a more complex industry role. Additionally, technology products are evolving that are revolutionizing the ability of owners and construction managers to accelerate both design and construction processes in delivering projects.
Speakers can address leadership skills, communication and team building, new technology products, innovative project methodologies, lessons learned in project delivery, and other topics, including case studies and current market research. Presentations should be focused on how owner organizations are finding value and a competitive edge through the application of leadership, collaboration, innovation, technology, and new techniques in CM practices.
Potential Topics Include:
- Leadership skills
- Team building & relationship collaboration
- CM and owner use of technology and how to capitalize on its benefits
- Challenges in launching new CM technology & software for an organization
- Lessons learned from projects for both small & large organizations
- New techniques in construction management practices that utilize mobile applications, cloud based solutions, BIM, RFID, GIS & green building solutions.
- Capital Projects Symposium 2017, New Orleans, LA: April 2-4, 2017
- All education sessions are 1 hour and should include time for Q&A
- Submission deadline: December 2, 2016
- All proposals must be submitted via this RFP process. No sessions will be assigned or promised based on verbal communications
- Presenters will be notified of acceptance on or around January 9, 2017
- Accepted presenters must confirm or decline intent to present by January 16, 2017
Educational Session Schedule (Subject to change):
- Sunday, 2:00 - 3:00 PM
- Monday, 9:30 - 10:30 AM
- Monday, 11:00 - 12:00 PM
- Monday, 2:00 - 3:00 PM
- Monday, 3:30 - 4:30 PM
- Tuesday, 9:00 - 10:00 AM
- Tuesday, 10:15 - 11:15 AM
- Presenters are required to submit PowerPoint presentations for accepted presentations by March 15, 2017
- Presenters are to supply their own laptop for presentation purposes
- SUBMISSION DEADLINE: DECEMBER 2, 2016!!