To develop priorities for CMAA’s Government Affairs program and provide guidance and support to CMAA staff regarding legislative and regulatory initiatives. To inform the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors of key legislative and regulatory initiatives and actions.
- Survey legislative and regulatory activities at local, state, and federal government levels that may impact the practice of construction management or the interests of the Association and its members
- Inform the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors of such legislative and regulatory development
- Formulate and coordinate lobbying strategies to affect legislation and government initiatives as directed by the Board of Directors
- Monitor lobbying efforts of industry groups and their impact to the practice of construction management and the interest of the Association and its membership.
- Develop alliances to affect legislation and government initiatives with other industry groups when appropriate and in the best interest of the Association
- The committee shall take no position on any legislative or regulatory issue that results in the advocacy of the interest of one segment of the membership at the expense of the other
- Perform other duties as prescribed by the Board of Directors
Michael Griffin, Hill International, Chair
Ray Brady, CCM, MWH Global
Winfred Dukes, Dukes, Edwards & Dukes
Chip Ossman, Ossman Project Management Consulting
Dave Rathmann, CCM, Parsons
Harrison Staley, CCM, Chicago Building Commission
Coy Veach, PE, CCM